Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Quilty Box






I am fascinated by the thought of a subscription box filled with quilting products being delivered to my door each month. I often wondered if they are worth it and would I use the products I receive each month. I look at the pictures of the boxes online and then wish I had subscribed. While trying to come up with some unique programs for a monthly Guild meeting and being co-chair, I thought of "New Products and Trends in Quilting." We have over 100 members to entertain and enlighten each month, so if I am interested in a topic, usually someone else is too. I reached out to some of the companies supplying the boxes and "Quilty Box" graciously sent me one to review and to share it at a Quilt Guild meeting.

So what is Quilty Box and how does it work?

There are many levels of subscription...

You may subscribe monthly for 48.00 per month (free shipping) all the way up to 12 months prepay for 44.00 per box with 5% of profits supporting Quilts for Kids. (Information on the Quilts for Kids organization here)

All boxes are shipped on the 11th of the month and will arrive on your or my doorstep in 2-4 days. Free shipping Included in the USA. Shipping to Canada is $10/box. Other countries are just $20/box.

According to the website, each Quilty Box has a retail value of over $50 and includes:
Monthly theme based on a featured artist's style
4-5 Exciting Quilting Products
Precut bundle of Fabric - Past items have included 10" Squares, 5" Squares, 2.5" Strips, Fat Quarter Bundles, and Half Yard Bundles
Patterns, Notions, or Thread
5% of profits for multi-month subscriptions donated to Quilts for Kids
Free Shipping in USA




What's included in the May box? The items in this box were selected by Annemarie Chany, Author, Patten Designer from Gen X Quilters.
  • 6 1/2" Triangle Square Up Ruler  12.95
  • Frixion Pen 2.68
  • Bella Maiden Quilt Pattern 9.50
  • Lacuna Sampler  Quilt Pattern 12.00
  • RJR Fabrics Fat Quarter Bundle (10 in the bundle) 28.00
Retail Value: 65.13

Note: I used the Quilty Box  suggested retail prices, but they were very close to online stores and in some instances less expensive.



Quilty Box also has a Shop where you may purchase the items included in current and past boxes. 

What are the Pros the Quilty Box?
  • Quality products pre-selected and delivered to my door
  • 5% of the subscription price goes to Quilts for Kids
  • Both patterns are fat quarter friendly
  • The fat quarters included are gorgeous and are quality fabric
  • Free shipping
  • The items in the box are packed carefully.
The Cons
I can't think of any, except that I don't get to keep this box.  I would use all of the products included this month. I definitely recommend subscribing to this service...Subscription options.

Patrick generously included coupons for the Quilt Guild members to use towards their first box. I will post pictures of the lucky member who wins this box at our meeting!

To learn more about the Quilt Guild, visit the website...Brandywine Valley Quilters.

#quiltybox #brandywinevalleyquilters

No comments: