Friday, December 16, 2016

Quilt Guild Holiday Party



I am fortunate to be a member of two Quilt Guilds: Calico Cutters and Brandywine Valley Quilters. We had our Holiday parties this past week; one in the evening and one during the day. BVQ meets the second Tuesday night of the month in a church hall and this is the sight that greeted me when I entered the room. It was magical!



My co-chair and I planned a fun evening of door prizes, the traditional 12 Days of Christmas sing-along and a game. Thank you Quilty Box and Quilter's Stash Box for the fabulous door prizes!



Calico Cutters meets the second Wednesday of the month during the day at a Fire Company.

Both Guilds had wonderful food, door prizes and games. Calico Cutters played Quilto, a quilter's bingo. I was so excited when I won a 25.00 gift certificate to one of my favorite Quilt Shops, The Quilt Block My gift certificate came in this beautiful holder made by Cheryl Lynch. If you would like to make one too, she has created a tutorial on how to make The Fifteen Minute Gift Card Holder. I am the world's worst when it comes to gift cards, nothing ever seems worthy enough and I hate to spend it. Love the fabric, anyone know what line this is? 


One of the highlights of the party was the contents of the little green bag. Since it is the 30th anniversary of the Guild, Cheryl designed fabric on Spoonflower for the Guild Challenge. Each member received a fat quarter to be included in a challenge quilt. It is amazing!
The quilt is due at the April meeting, so stay tuned! Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!

#quiltguild #quiltersholidayparty #brandywinevalleyquilters #calicocutters 
  

No comments: