Friday, September 15, 2017

Aurifil Thread

This afternoon I listened to a lecture at The Old Country Store, Intercourse, PA, from Alex Veronelli on how Aurifil thread is manufactured. He showed us a video capturing the manufacturing process, absolutely fascinating!

Quilters seem to complain about the price of the thread, however, after seeing the process from cotton to packaged spool, it's a bargain!




 Alex shared with us many quilts designed and sewn by well-known quilters. 



 



Of course, there was fabulous,  colorful thread on sale, all weights! I use 50 weight to piece and quilt. 

 

Each participant was given an Aurifil Bag with a small spool of thread in each weight available. I am so excited to try the wool and embroidery thread.

I asked about clear monofilament thread and there was none available today. Aurifil does sell a clear and a smokey color, but they do not manufacture it at their Milan plant.

Aurifil is coming out with a three strand of thread in cones for longarm quilters later this fall.  My HQ Sweet Sixteen loves this thread and so do I!

#aurifil #aurifilthread #theoldcountrystore @alexveronelli

No comments: