Friday, October 06, 2017

Mini Mosaic Quilts

I love taking classes and learning new techniques in the quilting realm. The Brandywine Valley Quilt Guild held a Mini Mosaic Workshop taught by Cheryl Lynch.

Cheryl has a unique and easy way to create these quilts. My sister, Mary, and I selected a "Heart" pattern. Cheryl mentioned that it is the quickest one to complete.

 

And yes, we showed up in similar clothes to the Workshop! I found this process so relaxing....the squares are 3/8th of an inch. No worries, Cheryl has designed a cutting ruler that makes cutting those little squares incredibly easy.

 

Mary was determined to finish her heart by the end of the day and she designed her background.


I waited until the end of the day to purchase additional patterns from Cheryl just to make sure I wanted to do more.

I finished my Heart...


I had to make a Flamingo next.





Ta-dah!


My next pattern is the cutest cat for my Granddaughter, shhh, don't tell!


If you are interested in making a Mini Mosaic for your self...check out Cheryl's Etsy Shop or her Blog. Cheryl is also available for Guild Presentations and/or a Workshop.

#minimosaicquilts @cheryllynchquilts #flamingoquilt #flamingos

No comments: