Wednesday, February 06, 2019

Finding Grace


Finding Grace by K. L. Slater. Bookouture, 2019. 342 pages. **** Published February 14, 2019.

Lucie has the perfect life; a husband who tells her he loves her every day, two children - a boy and a girl, best friends, and good health. Her daughter, Grace, has turned 9 and declared her independence. She begs to walk home from her best friend's house; it's not far, just at the end of the road. Lucie caves and agrees when her overbearing mother-in-law disagrees. There is a bend in the road, but Lucie's misgivings are allayed when the two fathers agree to watch Grace unobtrusively from their respective houses. As often happens, one father receives a text, looks at his phone, and the other goes back into the house after he thinks Grace is at the bend. When Grace goes missing in those few seconds, it soon becomes apparent that everyone has something to hide including Grace's best friend Olivia.

Perfect psychological thriller for Valentine's Day. Slater has written a complex tale with multiple subplots, all of which add to the horror of the situation. Every parent can relate to Lucie and Blake's self-recrimination. I love it when I can't identify the "bad" guy and predict the ending. Fast-paced, it held my interest until the very end.

I received an ecopy for a review.

K. L. Slater -- After years of trying to get published and never getting further than the slush pile, I went back to university at the age of 40 where I gained a first-class honours degree in English & Creative Writing and an MA in Creative Writing with distinction. My first adult psychological thriller for Bookouture, ‘Safe with Me’,  actually started life as my dissertation on my English & Creative Writing degree in 2010. I am now a full-time writer. I have a daughter and two stepsons and live with my husband in Nottingham and Yorkshire. To learn more...https://klslaterauthor.com

#psychologicalthriller @klslaterauthor #findinggrace

No comments: