Saturday, May 02, 2020

Quarantine Quilt Along # 1 - Elvira

May 2, 2020


It’s done!! Bound in red, I love it!




March 21, 2020

Gudrun of GE Designs has designed a Quarantine Quilt Along,  Elvira  for March 21st and 22nd. In order to participate, you had to register your email and join Gudrun's Quilt Crew on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/groups/gudrunsquiltcrew. I received the pattern on Saturday, March 21st and had a difficult time trying to decide what size to make.

Gudrun has offered the pattern in 4 sizes, she also has her videos on Youtube, GEDesigns. The pattern is now on sale at GEQuilt Designs. These is the fat quarter bundle I chose by Riley Blake.



My suggestion is to read the pattern thoroughly, watch Gudrun's Youtube Videos and then start. I miscut some of my fabric and it was tight to get enough pieces to do a lap quilt.

Gudrun recommends cutting off the points to help line up the block correctly.





When sewing the block together, remember BOB--- bias on the bottom.



After sewing your blocks together, it is a good time to clean your machine! This fuzz is from this quilt top.




My top is finally finished and I text my longarm quilter to see if she is taking quilts. She is and she can get the toilet paper quilting pattern from Urban Elementz...I drop off my quilt on her porch. Returned in a few days for pickup, maintaining social distancing, no human contact!

Susie of Quilts on Wawaset does a fantastic job quilting it!

Next, search my stash for an appropriate binding. The back is a black and white batik.

Completed quilt pictures will be posted when done. A fun experience during difficult times, thank you Gudrun!


#elvira #quarantinequiltsewalong  @gedesigns

No comments: