Sunday, May 17, 2020

Quarantine Quilt Along #2 - Hope

Quarantine Quilt #2 - HOPE

 I participated in my 2nd Quarantine sewalong on Sunday, May 3rd, 2020. 

The first Quiltalong was Elvira on March 22, 2020. 

This quilt was designed by Gudrun from Gedesigns for the second Quarantine Sewalong. I had the choice to pay 2.00,  5.00, or 10.00 for the pattern. All proceeds from the sale during the sewalong are going to 3 charities Hope Breakfast Bar St. Paul, Girl Scouts River Valleys Cookies For A Cause, and Chefs Feed Our Front Lines.

The pattern can be purchased here. Gudrun provides youtube videos throughout the day and all of the information is available on her website. It's a fun day---Gudrun's husband creates a playlist of music on Spotify, Gudrun provides recipes for snacks and cocktails, guest speakers and shortcut hints. 

I used a layer cake and a navy Moda solid. 

   
The blocks are easy to assemble.



Two of my favorite tools while sewing this design. The 10 inch square to square up the blocks. The numbered pins to keep the blocks in order while sewing them together.



Placing pins in the squares helped keep them in order when I picked them up to sew together. 


Gudrun has many suggested layouts in her pattern booklet and on her website, someone posted this layout on the FB page - Gudrun's Quilt Crew and I loved it. 

HOPE is sewn together! I am trying to decide if I want to applique the word "Hope" in the center of the heart.


The next decision is how to quilt it and should I do it myself or send it out to be quilted?

The sale of the pattern raised $35,000.00 for the three charities listed above. 


#hopequilt #qqal2


I enjoyed making this quilt so much, I decided to make it again. A friend's daughter is having a girl and wants a pink baby quilt. I love how it turned out. I am sure there will be other Hope quilts in my future!


No comments: