Tuesday, February 09, 2021

2021 - UFO Challenge - January


The BVQ Quilt Guild has challenged its members to complete their unfinished projects. Background on the challenge here

# 9 was chosen for the month of January.
 
9. 100 Modern Quilt Blocks - 48 blocks completed. Considering  a shadow box setting.
 
I looked through Pinterest at different quilt layouts and really liked this one by Diary of a Quilt Maven. I removed some blocks and added others. 
 
This layout took much longer than it should have, I kept rearranging the color scheme and trying to decide if I liked the grey with the white strips.
 
I have taken it to the long arm quilter and have no idea about design or thread color. I will post additional pictures when the quilt is completed.

It’s finished and the ling armer, Sue Racobaldo did a beautiful job. Her quilting really enhances the quilt. She suggested lavender thread and it is perfect! 








 
#100modernquiltblocks #BVQ2021UFOchallenge #grateful

No comments: