Thursday, November 03, 2022

Mini Series Sew Along 2022 Season 3


 

Alison Glass and Guicy Guice have collaborated and are hosting a Mini Series Sew Along for 2022.

https://alisonglass.com/mini-series-sew-along/

I joined from the very first, however, I am just now making my blocks. Somehow, I couldn't wrap my head around the process of paper piecing such small pieces. I kept trying and trashing. It didn’t help that I purchased a new machine at the same time. 

A few suggestions:

  • Print the patten in color
  • Do not print double-sided (a no-brainer, I know)

Finally, three friends got together to sew and it just clicked. I didn't pay too much attention to color placement and even though the pieces are small, you do use pretty big pieces of fabric to make it work. 

Meet Trixie and the Triangle Cabin Block.


On of the suggested tools is this seam roller. I found it very helpful in pressing the strips.


Usually when I get to this stage I start to panic that I did something wrong, keep going!

Ta dah!

Trixie has let me know that she does not like Decobob thread.


Block 3 - Bloom - this block was more challenging than the other two!


Block 4 - Rainbow - the last block in Series 3 


All 4 in Series 3 are completed, so much fun! 


#miniseriessal2022 #trianglelogcabin #alisonglass #guicyguice #MiniSeriesSAL #diamondsidestep #rainbow #bloom

No comments: