Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Lisa Scottoline

Lisa Scottoline has been a favorite of mine for years. She is a "local" author so when she writes about the setting and locale of the story, it usually is very familiar to me. There's something thrilling about the Mall (Exton Square) where I shop, the street names, landmarks and closest city referenced throughout her books. I ran to the closest Barnes and Noble this morning at 9:00 am to get a wristband to attend a presentation and book signing this evening at 7:00 pm. I arrived this afternoon at 3:00 pm to get a good seat. For the first half hour, I played musical chairs trying to decide the best view and most comfortable seat.

 




The room quickly filled with fans clutching a copy of her new book, Most Wanted.


I had 4 hours to wait, so I settled in and began reading. Scottoline drew me right in...I tried to read while I waited, but the crowd grew in size and volume.

 

The next hour was highly entertaining and touching at the same time. Today is the Anniversary of Mother Mary's passing and the loss was acknowledged and tears were shed. Lisa's "hand over fist" sense of humor kept us laughing while talking about a very serious and sobering topic---infertility.

B&N staff were very organized and before I knew it, time for the book signing. I was called in the first group and patiently waited in line.


As always, Lisa graciously posed for a picture and signed her book. This copy will be in an Auction Basket at the Brandywine Valley Quilter's Guild Quilt Show. 


I will review it once finished, stay tuned!

#mostwanted @LisaScottoline #BrandywineValleyQuiltersGuild

No comments: