Wednesday, February 02, 2022

2022 Monthly Color Challenge - February - Bay Leaf

February - Bay Leaf - Green

 
The theme for this year’s Block of the Month is Spicy!! 

This month we are learning about Bay Leaves.

What are bay leaves and how are they used? 

The pattern and instructions for this month's block can be found on Jen’s Blog One of the best things about this BOM (Block of the Month) is that the blocks are easy to assemble and Jen's instructions are spot on. 

My original plan was to have different neutrals for the backgrounds, however, I really like this white neutrals rings by Victoria Findlay Wolfe. So I ordered another yard of it and they will all be the same backgrounds. 

 


I do use pins to make sure my pieces line up. When choosing your strips to sew together, read the instructions carefully. It's an easy block, yet, I managed to sew a narrow background strip to a wider one.


My seams or my cutting must be at tad off because it is a little skimpy on the 12.5 size. Not much trimming at all.




January - Saffron  and February - Bay Leaf

Check out the guest bloggers and see their blocks:





Follow me on IG at kathy_nester

#2022monthlycolorchallenge #februarybayleaf 

No comments: