Monday, December 26, 2016

Murder Mystery Quilt 2017




I saw this Murder Mystery Quilt monthly activity and decided to join.

The Murder Mystery Quilt is a monthly subscription club that reads along together and stitches up a quilt to find clues and solve the murder mystery contained in the story.  

There are 12 blocks, one for each month of the year. The last mystery sew-along I did was the Downton Abbey Mystery Quilt designed by Ebony Love. It was great fun and I love my quilt!

I will blog about my experience each month and show you my quilt in progress (unless it is against the rules).

I received permission to Blog about the process so I will be posting monthly throughout the year. There are five other women from my Quilt Guild who are also participating in this challenge, we will meet monthly to discuss our blocks and share the experience. Our first meeting was at Panera Bread...food, quilts, and a murder mystery!

January Block 1: From Tiny Seeds

I pulled the fabrics I had selected to make this quilt and it soon became apparent that my color choices are blah! I love Grunge fabric, so I selected fat quarters in warm and cool colors. 

It looks like the design is acorns and my background is supposed to be a peachy color. Way too boring!





Back to my stash to find a different background. 

The way the pattern is constructed is a different technique for me, however, I will follow the designer's instructions. I use tiny post-it notes to mark the individual cutting pieces, this keeps me organized.



My completed block, much nicer with this Hoffman background!



I read the first installment of the murder mystery and enjoyed it! 

#murdermysteryquilt2017 @whipstitchfabrics #block1fromtinyseeds

No comments: