Saturday, December 31, 2016

One Word 2017



In anticipation of the New Year, I am trying to decide what my word will be for this year. Last year my word was "Promise" and as much as I thought it was a good one, I really didn't connect with it. So, the pressure is on for this year.

My past words:
2016 Promise
2015 Abundance
2014 Believe
2013 Simplify


If you haven't chosen a "word" of the year before and are wondering what this is all about...Regina Brett has written a wonderful article explaining her word for 2017. Read it at:http://www.clevelandjewishnews.com/columnists/regina_brett/let-s-change-the-world-one-word-at-a-time/article_54354a7a-cddd-11e6-b883-1b727094540d.html

A great website to help in choosing your word is the My One Word.

There are many different ways to remind yourself throughout the New Year of your word:

  • Order jewelry with your word on it...Google "word jewelry" "one word" "hammered jewelry" "word necklace"
  • Create a sign with your word on it
  • Make a pillow, pillow case as a reminder


  • #your word, ex. #Promise and add it to your Blog posts and social media 
  • Pinterest has some creative ideas for writing on mugs with permanent marker
  • If you are into tattoos, get one of your word and the year.
My Granddaughter has chosen "positivity" and a friend with cancer has chosen "strength." 

The first word that came to mind when I thought about this exercise was balance and I dismissed it as being too mundane and vague to achieve, but the more I thought about it, it's exactly what I need.



Balance in my eating, exercise, quilting, time management, etc. I tend to devote all of my energy in one activity to the detriment of others and then get stressed because I can't finish everything. I lost 20 pounds in the last two years and have gained 10 pounds back, so one of my first steps is going to be moving more and drinking more water.


This says it all!


I have many quilts in various stages to finish and more books to review, places to go and people to see! Stay tuned...#balance


No comments: