Sunday, January 01, 2017

Little Girl Lost


Little Girl Lost (DI Robyn Carter, Book 1) by Carol Wyer. UK:Bookouture, 2017.  380 pages. *****


DI Robyn Carter is drawn into a search for a common denominator in a series of seemingly unrelated murders. Were the murders revenge for an act committed years ago and if so, who is the killer? When a husband goes missing and his wife discovers that he may not be the person she thought she married, she turns to a private detective rather than the police. Robyn returns to the police force after a leave of absence and discovers that her first assignment crosses paths with the missing husband and everyone involved has secrets and something to hide. Which secret leads to death and who has the most to lose if their true identity is discovered? Is someone setting up Abigail to be a victim or is she battling post partum depression and seeing and hearing things that don't exist?

I love a book that keeps me guessing until the last chapter. Every time I think I  know who the serial killer is, then they show up dead and I'm looking for clues again. I made it to the last 10 pages and then "Bluefire Reader" went blank. Nothing! I then downloaded the book to the Kindle Ap and was able to finish it. The ending did not disappoint and even though the plot was a complicated one, Wyer tied it together nicely and all is explained. If you like psychological thrillers and a book that gets inside your head, I recommend this one for your 2017 "to read" list. I can't wait to read book 2.

I received a copy from Netlibrary for a review.

To follow Carol Wyer, visit www.carolewyer.co.uk and @carolewyer.

No comments: