Friday, October 20, 2017

#quiltersbookpassport

What is #quiltersbookpassport?

This picture showed up on Instagram and intrigued me...a book and fabric????


It had the #quiltersbookpassport and so I searched that hashtag. It seems that there are a lot of books and fabric out there. Started by buttoncounter (Monica Nauert), there are guidelines to the process: 



I have to admit, I was more intrigued by the fabric then getting the book to read...since I review books, I have more than I can read at any given time, but still, BOOKS and FABRIC? Win-win!

I jumped in with the comment that I wanted this one and I was first. It arrived Priority Mail in a few days and the fabric is gorgeous. I love fabric with printed words on it so I will add it to my stash.
I read the book in a few days and it was an easy, fast read. I messaged the next person on the comments and it is "buttoncounter." 

The hardest part of the whole process is selecting the fabrics to send with the book to the next reader/quilter. I went fabric shopping and checked my stash. I hope she likes them because I think they represent the story. I took the package to the post office and it is on its way!


Will I do it again? Absolutely!

#quiltersbookpassport #booksandquilts





No comments: