Tuesday, January 02, 2018

Quilting 2018

I always start off the new year with the best of intentions. Many BOM (Block of the Month) Quilts start at this time and my attitude is...it's only one block each month and it is a group activity...I can choose my own fabrics and use my stash rather than buy new fabric...I will be motivated to keep sewing and stay committed to completing it because there are incentives or prizes. Wrong! I lose momentum sometime during the year if the instructions are poorly written if there are mistakes and people in the Group start griping about the issues and I get disheartened if I begin to dislike the quilt or the method of creating the blocks seems convoluted. My other problem for me is that it is just one block, so I let other projects come before it each month. I now have a stack of clear boxes with previous BOM projects in them.

My past progress and completing rate doesn't stop me from starting new ones if it sounds like fun and my friends are doing it.

This year I am working on two:

The Speedy Turtle Fund Raising Quilt

2018 Monthly Color Challenge Quilt

and hope to finish the Pat Sloan Summer Solstice Quilt. I especially like Pat Sloan's Sewalongs, her instructions are clear, well-written and her enthusiasm is great! Blocks are completed and it needs to be sewn together. Here is my progress...https://pennyformythoughts-nona.blogspot.com/2017/02/solstice-challenge.html

In my defense, I did make two very special quilts this year...




#monthlychallengecolorquilt #speedyturtlequilt




No comments: