Sunday, April 22, 2018

Quilt Retreat April 2018

Quilt Retreat 2018

My sister and I love to go to our Quilt Guild's Retreat together. We pack up her car and head to Black Rock Retreat in Quarryville, PA. In order to remember everything we need, I've created a Checklist.

QUILT RETREAT CHECKLIST

I added a portable tabletop ironing board that I purchased at the Lancaster Quilt Show.





The view along the way is one of farms, open fields,  and Pennsylvania beauty.


The Quilt Retreat Chairs are very organized and each quilter shares her table with one other quilter. I decided this year that my sister and I needed some fun. We give each other a little gift bag and I went with a flamingo theme this year.

















My sister surprised me with a flamingo cup that lights up. Our solar flamingo dollar store finds and flamingo lights were a big hit.

Our quilt stations by the second day!

 

The view from my window...


Activities were posted on the whiteboard daily and participation was voluntary.



One of the demos was how to create quilt blocks using the "Cake Mix Recipe" sheets from Missouri Star Quilt Company using two layer cake pieces.







 


 We were challenged to choose from the layer cake pile and to create two blocks for a charity quilt.


 


These are so easy to sew, juts straight stitching and follow the lines!



Once the blocks were completed they were joined to create two charity quilt tops!


 


We also created Needles on the Go . For each ten that we made for the Quilt Sh,ow we were able to make one for ourselves.




Of course, we can work on our own projects and we did. My sister and I purchased a kit to make the Hatters Tea Party by Janet Wecker Frisch and she was determined that we would finish the top on one of our four days. Thankfully, one of the quilters was able to show us an easy (her words, not mine) way to make mitred borders.

 

Woohoo!

I also worked on a wall hanging, which will be finished on another day.



A new activity added this year was chair massages...a very welcomed addition. I wish I had selected two 15 minute massages rather than one 30 minute massage.


The most important thing to remember, "What happens at Retreat, stays at Retreat!" Unless, of course, I am taking pictures!

Have fun!



Past Retreats

Quilt Retreat March 2017

Quilt Retreat April 2016



#flamingo #quiltretreat #cakemixrecipequiltblocks #quiltretreatchecklist #hattersteaparty


No comments: