Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Book Hive Book Club - Whimsical Wings

1.


Book Hive Book Club - Whimsical Wings

I've joined the Facebook Group, The Book Hive Book Club and have agreed to be in the Whimsical Wings sub Book Group. There are 12 members , 12 books, 12 months. I chose the book, "Have You Seen Luis Velez?" (reviewed on my blog here) and since I love flamingos, my journal had to include at least one. Choosing the book to read was easy, the journal not so much. 

Some of the questions running through my head:
  • Should the journal be thick? thin? It will have to be mailed with the book.
  • How many pages per person to estimate for them to write on? I tend to be succinct.
  • What if the pages run out? Should I include two journals?
  • Should I include a bookmark? hint...hint. What if someone dog-ears my book or writes in it?
  • Vacation is coming up soon, should I mail it before I leave? Get it all ready and wait til I come back? Give it to someone else to mail? 
  • I've been told my handwriting is illegibile. I never learned to print (thank you Catholic School education); will they be able to read my scribble? It really would be odd to type my thoughts, print, then cut and glue? 
  • What if the other readers don't like the book I've chosen? What if I don't like theirs? 
  • These are legitimate questions, right? Am I overthinking all of this????
Decisions, Decisions...

2. I received my September book early, Glory Road by Lauren K. Denton.


Loved it and reviewed it at http://pennyformythoughts-nona.blogspot.com/2019/08/glory-road.html

3. Next book is Holy Envy by Barbara Brown Taylor,  reviewed here...Holy Envy


4. The Book Charmer by Karen Hawkins is a delightful read! Reviewed at The Book Charmer. I have throughly enjoyed each book and can't wait to see what is coming next!




#bookhivebookclub #whimisicalwings #whimsicalwingsbookclub

No comments: