Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Teal Mini Swap 2019


The Teal Mini Swap is a swap to raise awareness and funds for ovarian cancer reasearch. Participation is capped at 500 and $5000 will be donated to OCRFA.

Two friends and I worked together today to create our mug rugs. They chose a pattern by Cheryl Lynch, "Philly Love", a paper pieced pattern. We reduced the pattern by 50% to create a 6 inch block.

I chose a Splendid Sampler October Bonus Block, "Wonderful Pumpkin" by Pat Sloan. The finished block size is 6.5 inches.

The fabric above must be used somewhere on the front of the mug rug. Selecting coordinating prints was fun!

One friend chose white as the background and her
coordinating prints as the letters.


The quilt block turned out beautifully!


The other friend chose a two fabric design. A totally different look!


I wanted to use the teal fabric in the pumpkin and auditioned a few color schemes.




The tendrils looked best in teal rather than the green I tried first.






This is such a fun pattern to make.


After I attached the heart o the back of it, I realized that it needed a label.


I'm happy with how it turned out and I mailed it to my swap partner today. I also made her a teal colored zippered pouch.

For more information about the swap, https://www.facebook.com/groups/312878735548587/.

#tealminiswap "tealmugrugswap #fightovariancancer #ovariancancerresearch



No comments: