Join a Quilt Guild or start one if there isn’t one near you. I belong to two very different guilds. One meets the 2nd Tuesday evening and the other, the 2nd Wednesday morning of the month. Between them there are @265 members. Both Guilds offer nationally known presenters, amazing programs, workshops, sew together days and retreats. This week it is Holiday parties and activities.
We swapped Holiday socks stuffed with all kinds of goodies, played Quilto/Bingo,and ate the most delicious food.
It is the camaraderie, friendship and talent that keeps me going back.
The benefits of joining a Quilt Guild:
- Learn from and encourage each other.
- Show and Tell - members bring quilts that have been made recently - one of my favorite activities
- Quilt Show
- Explore new techniques
- Sharing of fabric, rulers, etc. (no pattern copying)
- Charitable work- we make comfort and QOV quilts, pillowcases for children in the hospital and port pillows. (We donated over 200 preemie quilts to area hospitals as part of our Quilt Guild Challenge)
- Retreats - I attend two retreats a year and always enjoy it, make new friends, complete projects, and take workshops.
- Sewing Together Day
#31dayblogwritingchallenge2019 #day9 #favoritetip