Saturday, January 01, 2022

2022 Monthly Color Challenge - January - Saffron (Orange)

January - Saffron- Orange



The theme for the 2022 Monthly Color Challenge is Spicy. The pattern and instructions for this month's block can be found at Jen's Blog. One of the best things about this BOM (Block of the Month) is that the blocks are easy to assemble and Jen's instructions are spot on. 

Information on Saffron:

Encyclopedia Brittanica - https://www.britannica.com/topic/saffron

11 Impressive Health Benefits of Saffron - https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/saffron#TOC_TITLE_HDR_4

WEB MD - https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-844/saffron


Some of my favorite tools:

  • Best Press - for all ironing
  • Aurifil thread - 50 weight in a neutral color to match the fabric
  • Wood clapper for pressing seams - creates a nice flat seam  
  • Scant 1/4 inch seam
My Bernina QE 440 is one of my favorite machines, a real workhorse that just keeps going!



 Choosing the color saffron was a little bit challenging. Is it a bright orange or a reddish orange? 


I decided to go with this shade because I liked it with my background color. My plan is to go with neutral backgrounds for each



Another important tool for me is the 12.5 square ruler. It' so easy to square up your block!

  
Color differentiation is because of the lighting. 



Check out all of the guest bloggers for their hints and tips:

Andi - True Blue Quilts

Anja - Anja's Quilts

Kathy - Kathy's Kwilts and More

Rylee - Sunflower Stitcheries and Quilting


Jen has asked that we post quilts with this month's color in it, I will have to get busy because I don't have any quilts with orange in it. 

Follow me on IG at kathy.nester

#monthlycolorchallenge #saffron #januarycolorchallenge 



No comments: