Friday, January 01, 2016

Happy New Year

Well, here we are and another year begins...

My Granddaughter made it to midnight and was shocked when I told her she could go outside and make noise. It was great fun! Just looking at this sweet face, makes me happy. I am so blessed with this child.




On of our New Year traditions is to choose a "word" for the New Year from the My One Word website. I had forgotten my word last year was "abundance" and I am still deciding for this year. My Granddaughter has chosen "Magnificent" and she surely is. 

I had such a great time doing the Random Acts of Kindness leading up to Christmas that I am going to look for opportunities to continue the practice. I saw a Facebook post about "Blessing Bags" and think that is something I can do. 


Photo courtesy of Amy Verder, but I'm not sure where it originated. If you know, please let me know and I will give full credit.


The "Blessing Bag" is kept in the car and given to anyone who is homeless or needing a helping hand. Some suggested items: socks, gloves, toothpaste, peanut butter crackers, traveling toothbrush, deodorant, money...anything that will fit in a plastic bag. I went to the Dollar Store today to start the process. 

I always have the best intentions about the New Year, but sometimes, it all seems so overwhelming! 

No comments: