Monday, March 28, 2016

Quilt Retreat

Exactly!



I am getting ready for a Quilt Retreat later in the week and I am thinking about what to pack. I have a Quilt Retreat Checklist that I use and it is very helpful, however, I want to consolidate and not take so much "stuff" with me. Some of us are starting the "Gypsy Wife Quilt" and if you are familiar with the pattern, it requires a lot of different fabrics. Also, we are going to be making fabric bookmarks and stuffed pumpkins for the Guild's Quilt Show in October. I create best when I can just go into my stash and play with the fabric. I am also working on the "Splendid Sampler" quilt along with Pat Sloan and I don't want to haul the fabric for that quilt, the next pattern will be released on Thursday while I am at the retreat. I do have a hand embroidery block I can work on. I always pack too many projects and I am easily distracted by the noises and conversations in the sewing room. I love the comradery of sewing together and don't really accomplish a lot. I need to pack with all of the above in mind. 

I ordered this new ruler from Massdrop and I am debating whether to take it with me. The ruler is bigger and heavier than I anticipated. Ever since my right shoulder surgery, I don't always have the strength I need in my right hand to hold the traditional ruler steady. This new slidelock ruler has grippers that descend to hold it in place.


After I use it for awhile, I will post my comments and let you know whether I like it or not.

#quiltretreat 

No comments: