Sunday, March 06, 2016

Round Robin Quilt



My Quilt Guild,  The Brandywine Valley Quilt Guild, is starting a Round Robin at the next meeting. Why do I think everything will be easy? I thought I would just find a pattern, use fabric from my stash and ta-dah, a quilt is born!

Here are the Guidelines:
  • Center square should be a minimum of 12" square and a maximum of 16" square. (mine is 14")
  • Each round/border must be no more than 6" and no less than 3" wide. 
  • The rounds may include but are not limited to: checkers, flying geese, half square triangles, stars, embroidery, and/or applique. The border does not need to be symmetrical in shape, color or style. 
  • Due Dates - April 12th, May 10th, June 14th, July 12th and August 9th. 
I decided on a "Glamper" because they are just so much fun. I'm not a camping kind of gal, but these fit right into my fantasy of hitting the road and seeing the USA. No Glamper would be complete without a flamingo and since I grew up in the 50-60s, the block needed a hippie flair. My word for 2016 is "Promise" so I had to include it somewhere!


Along with the center block, there is a journal for thoughts on the process, notes from the contributors, etc., a fabric pen, a label and suggested fabric to be used in the borders. I included a checklist of items as a reminder.


I found this box to put everything in...just happens to be aqua, my favorite color!



Our Guild Quilt Show is October 15th and 16th, perhaps you will see our finished Round Robin Quilts there!


No comments: