In anticipation of the New Year, I am trying to decide what my word will be for this year. Last year my word was "Promise" and as much as I thought it was a good one, I really didn't connect with it. So, the pressure is on for this year.
My past words:
If you haven't chosen a "word" of the year before and are wondering what this is all about...Regina Brett has written a wonderful article explaining her word for 2017. Read it at:http://www.clevelandjewishnews.com/columnists/regina_brett/let-s-change-the-world-one-word-at-a-time/article_54354a7a-cddd-11e6-b883-1b727094540d.html
A great website to help in choosing your word is the My One Word.
There are many different ways to remind yourself throughout the New Year of your word:
- Order jewelry with your word on it...Google "word jewelry" "one word" "hammered jewelry" "word necklace"
- Create a sign with your word on it
- Make a pillow, pillow case as a reminder
- #your word, ex. #Promise and add it to your Blog posts and social media
- Pinterest has some creative ideas for writing on mugs with permanent marker
- If you are into tattoos, get one of your word and the year.
My Granddaughter has chosen "positivity" and a friend with cancer has chosen "strength."
The first word that came to mind when I thought about this exercise was balance and I dismissed it as being too mundane and vague to achieve, but the more I thought about it, it's exactly what I need.
Balance in my eating, exercise, quilting, time management, etc. I tend to devote all of my energy in one activity to the detriment of others and then get stressed because I can't finish everything. I lost 20 pounds in the last two years and have gained 10 pounds back, so one of my first steps is going to be moving more and drinking more water.
I have many quilts in various stages to finish and more books to review, places to go and people to see! Stay tuned...#balance
This says it all!