Sunday, December 01, 2019

31 Day Blog Writing Challenge 2019


December 1, 2019

I’ve signed up to join the Writing Challenge by Muppin.com. I am going to give it a try and blog for 31 straight days in order to get into the habit of writing more often. I will be using the hashtag #31dayblogchallenge2019 on social media. I had the pleasure of meeting Cheryl Sleboda who did a presentation at both of my Quilt Guilds. Cheryl is amazing and I was so excited, I may have embarrassed myself. 

There are some suggested prompts and I may or may not use them.  





In addition to quilting, I read and review books for authors, agents, publishers,  and for fun! I publish my reviews on this Blog, Goodreads and in various FB Groups. I am also a member of an online FB Book Club/ Swap, the  The Whimsical Wings. (a subgroup of the Book Hive Book Club) My current book to read for the month of December is the idea of you by robinne lee. More on the book later in the month.

I am a member of two Quilt Guilds which meet monthly and are an amazing group of quilters!

Brandywine Valley Quilt Guild meets the second Tuesday of each month from 7 - 9 pm.
Calico Cutters Quilt Guild meets the second Wednesday each month from 9:30 - noon. 

Both Guilds are very active in charitable and educational activities. 

The activity that really warms my heart is sewing with the children at Children's Hospital and Shriner's Hospital in Philadelphia. I volunteer for a nonprofit organization, Case for Smiles




Whew! Day 1 is done, stay tuned!

 Follow me on IG at kathy.nester


#31dayblogwritingchallenge2019 

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I follow you on Facebook, Kathy. Your book/activity/charity recommendations are excellent!
Suzanne Doonan
Calico Cutters

Kathy Nester said...

Thank you so much, Suzanne!