Monday, December 16, 2019

31 Day Blog Writing Challenge


Today is Day 16 and I think I last posted on Day 9. Let's see if I can get up to date.




Day 10- Top 5 Books - I blog about books all of the time, so just scroll through my blog for those.

Day 11- Most Impactful Class- that's an easy one. I love Cheryl Lynch's classes and her mini mosaic class opened up a new world to me. After the first class I took one on designing my own mosaic. Wow! Cheryl is a masterful teacher and I loved this class, details at Design a Mosaic.

Day 12 - Favorite Color - aqua, teal, turquoise...most blues. 

Day 13 - Least favorite color - browns

Day 14 - Show us your fabic - not for the faint of heart. I have a sewing room, however, my fabric has spilled into other rooms and areas.

Day 15 - Earliest sewing memory - My Father bought my Mom a 1965 Kenmore sewing machine at Sears. It came with free sewing lessons and my Mom wasn't comfortable taking the class so she sent me. Every Saturday, I would take the class and come home and show my mother what I learned. I made a magenta lined wool suit. Hated it, but my Mother loved sewing. She made Prom dresses, winter coats, skirts, and altered clothing. I didn't get back into sewing until I had a little girl. Halloween costumes and quilts soon followed. My daughter now has my Mom's machine and she and my Granddaughters all sew. The legacy continues.

Day 16 - Why do I sew? - That requires a multi-faceted answer. I sew to create, relax, learn, grow, connect,  and teach. I love learning new techniques and sharing with others. Those are all of the same reasons I blog and review books. It's all part of who I am...whether I am sewing pillowcases with children in the hospital, participating in challenges, sewing quilts for babies or my family, I am sharing a part of me and hopefully making each one feel special.


This is a crazy busy week, (who picked the month of December, anyway?) so I'll see if I can keep up. 

#31dayblogwritingchallenge




No comments: