Wednesday, January 01, 2020

Joy



I  try to choose a word that reflects what I hope for in the coming year. Last year I took advantage of many new opportunities and it was a good year. It's hard to believe that this is my 8th year of choosing a word. 

My previous words:

2018 - Clarity
2017 - Balance
2016 -  Promise
2015 - Abundance
2014  - Believe
2013  - Simplify 

I don't set resolutions for the new year, but do try to reflect on what I hope to accomplish with the time I have during the year. 

Be joyful, look for the joy in each day

Read the daily message from Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence by Sarah Young.
A friend gave me this book for Christmas and I am reading and reflecting on the message each day.

Sew 10 minutes a day. 
Pat Sloan is a an inspiration in all that she accomplishes and her message is sew 10 minutes a day! Read more about her at https://blog.patsloan.com/2015/12/pat-sloan-how-to-fit-in-10-min-of-sewing-a-day.html

Walk. 
I received a Fitbit Versa for Christmas and it zaps me to remind me to take more steps. I feel like a dog with an electrical fence. 

Continue to read and write reviews. Complete my Goodreads Challenge of 35 books. 
My goal for 2019 was 30 books and I read 34, so I think I can manage 35 for 2020. My ongoing right eye issues do make it difficult to read at times. Low light/low contrast is not my friend. I can only read for a short period of time on my Ipad and my eyes tire easily, but I am very thankful that I can read. 


My intention this year is to use my time in more meaningful ways. As each year passes and time flies by, I am reminded that we each have a finite time on this earth and I want to make the most of mine.  


I picked up this book at Michaels, maybe it will help keep me on track! Stay tuned...
If you want to join me this year, follow me here and on IG kathy_nester.


#joy #oneword2020 

No comments: