Wednesday, July 01, 2020

2020 Monthly Color Challenge - July

July - American Robin- Rust




The color this month is Rust and the pattern may be found at Patterns by Jen.
I have these two pieces of fabric and now I'm not sure which one is rust. I think there is another month that is Cinnamon, so I am somewhat confused. I chose the one on the right, but now when I look at the Robin, it probably should have been the fabric on the left.
It's very important to square up each section according to the directions.


I also think I may have reversed the background and the main fabric. Pip and Charley are weighing in.


Do you ever look at the selvedge on your fabric? This line of fabric is Monkey Wrench by Tula Pink so it has bananas on the selvedge. There are quilters who make crafts out of these unusual strips of fabric.



Check out the Bloggers for this month:

Don't forget to link your block at the end of the month to win fabulous prizes! Details at Jen's Blog. Join us on Facebook and share your block Quilt and Learn with Patterns by Jen

Follow me on IG at kathy.nester

#2020monthlycolorchallenge #julyblock

No comments: