Wednesday, July 01, 2020

Tula Pink's City Sampler: 100 Modern Quilt Blocks


June 2020

I am a member of the Sew Modern Bee FB Group. Before the Pandemic we met in person at Junto Space in Broomall, PA, now we are Zooming and connecting through Facebook.

A few of the members wanted to have a project that we could each make individually, but have it be a universal theme, project, etc. One of the members has made one of these quilts and as soon as we saw it, we knew it is the one we wanted to do. I purchased the book through Amazon before I even left the Zoom meeting. I am a huge Tula Pink fan, so it is no contest as to which fabrics I will use. Others are using other designers or groupings. We have committed to making 30 blocks from the book before the September meeting. It's a public Group, so come join us!



The only essential tool in addition to the usual ones, is a 6.5 inch square ruler. Using a scant quarter inch, moving my needle one space is giving me an exact 6.5 inch block.


These are two of my favorite blocks!



I decided to photograph each block with its number, so I won't forget which one it is and I am pinning it to the back of my block. I have a few pieces from several Tula Pink fabric lines, so I hope in the end, they will all play together nicely!
A quilting friend offered to send me Tula scraps when I mentioned I am using her fabrics in this project. Isn't this the best? Quilters are super generous people and I am honored to include these in my quilt. 


20 done, 80 to go!

A quilt shop opened for in store sales and I was able to purchase 1/4 yard cuts of some more Tula Pink Fabric!

 30 completed, 70 more to go! 


48 blocks completed! 

#tulapinkscitysampler #100modernquiltblocks

No comments: