Sunday, April 04, 2021

Harmony

Harmony - Quilt Along by GE Quilt Designs 
Sunday, August 16, 2020 

For all of the information and story behind Harmony and to purchase the pattern, go to GE Quilt Design. 

Gudrun encourages us each to take our own journey with color and what this quilt will mean to us. Our world seems to be in a state of flux, change, and sometimes even anger. I am a very simplistic person—- I want everyone to get along and everyone to be equal.  My Grandkids and I joke that “it is always sunny in Nona’s world.”  Is it really? I must say that this pandemic and politics are trying my soul. So for me, this quilt is a coming together of all people, no matter race or creed. The background color is my favorite color and the black and white represent all people. 
Gudrun provides special guests, music, recipes, cocktails, and gives us the opportunity to play with fabric, it’s all good and my soul is happy! 
 

While I was in the store (used to be Weaver’s Fabrics, https://lancasterhomeandfabric.com/) picking out my fabric, I had the opportunity to meet two men from Wilmington Prints, they were pleased that I chose these two jelly roll bundles. I especially like that the strips in the jelly roll have straight not pinked edges.

I bought a new ruler to make this quilt, The XL Stripology Ruler from GE Designs. I watched Gudrun's video on how to cut the fabric. I admit to being challenged in this area. My fabric was cut using my usual 6x24 inch ruler and the new ruler. It is going to take some practice on my part to master the new tool. Gudrun has videos on using this ruler. https://gequiltdesigns.com/pages/stripology-101-video-tutorials. Fabric is cut for the first eight blocks.

Working on the layout.




Susan Racobaldo  from Quilts on Wawaset did the longarm quilting. The geometric quilting design is perfect! 





I think he likes it! 


My other Quarantine Sew Along Quilts:
 
 
 
#harmony #pandemicsewalong #harmonyqal

No comments: